Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gato breakthrough

I'm typing this in bed because my it's-the-middle-of-the-night-except-it's-light-out body is, well, easing back in, I suppose. But, BUT, more importantly, because it's the site of breaking news! A gato breakthrough! TWO gatos, BOTH gatos, ON THE BED! At once! Together! I have stirrings of hope for the Middle East. The only time this was previously attempted, there was a catfight over my body as soon as the light went out. So, pretty exciting stuff.

Of course, I have no idea what went down in my absence, what cataclysmic (ha) shifts of power or furry bonding may have occurred, but Willa was very vocally happy to see me and Sucio probably was, but It Was All Very SCARY. But while Willa played the role of bathmat warmer during my tubfest, Sucio apparently leapt to the bed. I was quite surprised. There were some position shifts, but I think the bulk of the night passed with Willa curled up alongside me, and Sucio perched at the foot of the bed, window side. Wow. We'll see if his bravery holds and Willa's kitty fury remains contained, but they're both up here now. Sucio finding the edges of Pixie here a fabulous face scratcher, Willa trying to sit on it. Yep, missed my gatos.

2 comments:

  1. My cat provides me with hours of entertainment. The funniest thing, however, is when he jumps onto this rocking chair I have and gets totally freaked out by it moving and jumps off, looking indignant. Then a week later, he will do the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just impressed your cat is brave enough to get INTO the rocking chair? The gatos? "Nope, it's SCARY," they declare.

    ReplyDelete