Monday, December 21, 2009

departuring

before:

already missing the gatos a full 2 days before leaving
missing Boston as I'm packing
almost ready to come back before I've left

so the transition begins
return to a different world
return to an old me's stomping grounds


during:

seeing a barelegged woman in Dallas airport shocks me ... not really seeing much flesh as of late in a Boston winter

airport/airplaning makes me want to go outside and run a few miles, at least
a desire spurred by sense of slug, abounding crap food, the sight of so many unhealthy folks

my but airplane seats are ... cozy


after:

sooooo tired
3-hour time difference huuuurrrrrtttsssssss

but I'll bravely soldier on, sitting here in bed with the balcony door open, hearing the ocean crash ... like me....

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got home safely! Trust me, you're not missing anything in Boston. It's FREEZING. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow, I'm missing snow! But, right, I am looking at (an admittedly very windy) ocean right now, so guess I can hang! :) Have a very very very very merry yourself!

    ReplyDelete