Monday, July 19, 2010

The Weekender meets the work week

Weekend: Much awesomeness. Including: my first-ever marshmallow fight (stupendous! you must partake if you ever are walking by when one breaks out -- better yet, start your own!), a mini water balloon attack (I had pangs of remorse for attacking an unarmed man, but I was alone in that ... and it turns out, he wasn't unarmed, he had a water bottle!), canoeing and first-ever trying "SUP" (or, as the precise staff dude informed me: "Stand-Up Paddleboard. It's an acronym." Fun stuff! You do feel like a gondolier ... and it's fun sitting down, too. And, there were two park picnics in one weekend!

Today, first day o work. Pretty exhausting, as I was expecting, but good. They seem like v nice people. And my new boss seems like a total sweetheart! Feels like a place where I can make a contribution ... that will even be appreciated ... wow. Too shocking to really wrap my head around.

Lastly, there's an exciting weather update! Check this out (and ignore the flagrant lack of hyphenation):

AT 836 PM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL... AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR HUDSON... OR 9 MILES NORTHWEST OF FRAMINGHAM... MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 25 MPH.

No comments:

Post a Comment