So, I turn to signs o summer:
- Summer walks -- beginning with the inaugural multi-mile/hour walk through the city in flipflops on a warm summer night. Walking across the Mass Ave bridge, warm wind blowing, city lights shining, I shook my head and sighed at the wonder of it all, just like I do every time I cross that bridge at night.
- Summer storms! They're starting! The day will start with sun, then suddenly turn a dark stormy grey, trees will begin whipping outside, and yeah, I get all excited. Haven't seen thunder AND lightning as of yet, but it's coming, I know it.
- Then there was the recent (relevant) utterance I was requested to include here: You know it's summer when the toilet's sweating. Seriously. I wasn't trying to be remotely funny when I said it, it's a fact of humid summer life. Or, as I like to say/think: it's tropical, y'all!
- Painted toenails -- also known as ... the painting of the blue (as in, favorite polish color). But with serious runner-up props I have to say -- my lifting coach this morning had her toenails the exact, I mean, precise (dyed to match??), shade of lovely light springy green as her flipflops. It was a marvel. Since I'm lagging on the painting o the blue, in spite of warmth & flipflop appearances, I am the same shade as her toenails with envy. BUT WAIT: In a breaking-news update ... due to the inspiration of a networking meeting in sandals (not a rule for the meeting or anything, altho that would be cool) ... THE TOENAILS HAVE THEIR FIRST COAT O BLUE. Yes!
- And, flies -- surely a sign o summer, right? But really, it's just an excuse to report that Brave Sucio went fly hunting this morning in the window ledge ... and then ran away. I think the fly scared him. I love him so.
And, hey, it's Cinco de Mayo! Sheesh, you know you're not W Coasting anymore when no one around you knows/comments on this fact.... Someone in CA, drink a Corona for me, please, with extra (well-cut) lime!